Reassurance

 Written by one of the Gosport Watchkeepers who is a keen sailor.

As a Gosport NCI Watchkeeper I know the routine of keeping a watch – being the eyes and ears along the coast.  I am also aware that whilst we all work to a common understanding and methods not all stations have the same volume of activity as we do at Gosport NCI.

Recently I have been sailing in waters unfamiliar to me – from Gosport towards the Netherlands and return - via Dover.  On the way to the Netherlands we sailed through strong NE winds (F5/6) in a moderately rough seas.  It was very reassuring to know that I had some fellow watchkeepers along the coast watching me and knew that help would be there if we needed it.   Those strong binoculars would be looking out the window and would know that we were out there.

 


Popular posts from this blog

The weird and wonderful 3! (Part 2)

In Command Of an Antarctic Supply Ship